Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A tribute to our TWO year old


From this...

To This...

To This...

Dexter is amazing! We cant believe our little man is TWO. Have we really been parents for 2 whole years? He cracks us up everyday. Dex truly has the most tender heart and has the sweetest smile and man those baby blues.... He for sure has a stubborn streak, big time. But we love him and at the same time it is frustrating, I am so glad that he is forming his own opinions.
His stats right now: 36 inches tall and 31 pounds.
Dex is quite the talker. He still mostly says the first syllables of words but he is saying sentences and it is so darling to hear him expressing his thoughts. And the things that occupy those thoughts these days.. there are basically 4 things he thinks about ALLl day long; "Out side" (Basically the first thing he says when we go get him our of his crib.), "Throw rocks", "Color", and "Hit the ball." We hear those 4 phrases all day long!
Some of his other fave phrases, "Put right here." "I hold." IF you say no to him he immediately signs and says "please" in hopes for a different answer. Any talk of bed time results in, "Just one show." "Just 2 books." love this kid!
There are a few things that we are working on like, only throwing balls not other objects (we will work on the details of ball throwing after we get that down.) Thanks to Buzz Light Year, Dex will get up on things, throw his arms out at say "Fly" then jump at you, if you are ready or not. So we are working on making sure the other person is ready before jumping. Awesome. And watching out for Quade, like if Quade is in the way, we dont just step on him to get around, and watching out for his fingers.
He is a sweet older brother! Dex gets so excited when he hears or sees Quade and helps alot, he really like to feed him. They are so funny when they are together. My big phrase these days is "Brothers dont fight. " So far it is working, we will see about the future. I just feel like, what ever crazyness they get into, as long as its together and in friendship, I can probably handle it. (knock on wood)
Dex is amazing at a lot of things but he is really great at being a dare devil, he is not scared of anything. Which totally scares me, especially hearing the stupid things that Matt did growing up. I dont know how they get the ideas to try the stuff they did. Dex also likes to try new things, which we love!
Dexter is the love of my life. Well, actually all 3 of my boys are... I just cant explain the joy, excitement, frustration, laughter, adventures, exhaustion, and happiness, that these 2 little guys bring to our life. We cant wait to watch them grow!
And Dexter, the boy who made me a mother, made us parents, is a fearless and compassionate child with a serious joy for life and we love him so much, We cant believe he is ours!

Here are a few of our favorite picture from the past 2 years.
Well from this computer anyways, I will add to the highlight reel when I get to my computer.
















































3 comments:

Ali said...

oh geez...that first picture completely MELTS me. He couldn't be any sweeter. Oh, those lips! What a sweet tribute...TWO YEARS!!!

Hanson Family said...

Beautiful blue eyes!! I can't believe he is 2!

Cynthia said...

I remember when he was so little...he has the sweetest lips.