Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Projects

I feel like these never end! We went to Dallas this past week to hang out with the family and help my parents get another rent house ready. Matt and my dad did alot! I just helped put things together! Matt spent alot of time over there picking up handy man tips. I think he is ready to do some re modeling on him own :) 






We also made a headboard a few weeks ago. We though it was a no brainer, I had the online tutorial and a good friend who had already made one, so piece of cake right? NO. The tutorial was for a double and I didnt think about the math alterations it would take for a king. So so so glad that my parents came up that weekend and that my dad was here! Wow was an architect nice to have on hand. I think he secretly didnt want us to use his jig saw and staple gun without supervision ha ha. But we are so happy with the end product! Now to just work on pillows! 


We had lots of help!



5 comments:

Ali said...

It looks adorable! I love love love it! Huge undertaking it looks like...congrats on taking it on:)

kent and liz said...

I love your parents. And your headboard. That pic of Quade laying on the foam is too cute.

Makell Wintle said...

Looks great!

Hanson Family said...

I love the headboard, very impressive!!

Amanda Seria Cook said...

Finally got caught up on your blog. Can't believe how big the boys are. It sounds like you are all enjoying many adventures. Great job on the DIY headboard. Miss you and your loveliness!