Friday, March 9, 2012

Way too tired,

    Wow, Quade is kind of giving us a run for our money these days. He is the busiest child I have ever experienced. I dont remember Dex being this busy but I could have also blocked it from my memory :)
    So he is teething, poor kid. When Dexter broke his molars it happened all at once so it was bad for a little bit but then we were done. Quade's are coming in one at a time. So sad. He is waking up alot at night and just having  hard time sleeping. And so are we.

    So this morning when the kids wake up 730ish. This is how the morning negotiation goes:
Me:"Babe can I just have another hour?"
Matt: "I was going to ask you the same question."
Me:"Oh...."
Matt: "Okayyyy, I will get them."

I know, best husband ever! Then he lets me sleep for like 2+ hours! We are in a great place with the boys in the same room and sleeping, usually. This last week has been rough for the Quadester. In my defense, I do night stuff. Unless they wake up way to much, then we take turns :)

 So this morning after the morning negotiation, he came in after 2+ hours and he actually wanted to go back to bed (Last night was especially bad, Quade was up playing at like 3 in the morning) I did not want to move! And I swear remember Matt saying "Ok I will babysit for 15 more min" So i rolled back over. Then I hear "Babe..." and I was wondering what happened to my 15 more min.... I should have know better because... For those of you who know, I hate it when dads say they are "babysitting" It drives me crazy. Hello, it is not babysitting if they are YOUR kids too! Needless to say, Matt does not use that word when it comes to him being in charge of the boys... So when I said "Hey what happened to you babysitting for 15 more min." I knew I was dreaming, it seemed so real! What we would do for 15 more min :)

2 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

i feel your pain. aleks is teething too... and i was so spoiled from him sleeping 10-12 hrs straight to consistently waking around 12 or 1, and again at 4 or 5. BOO! i am hating life. so tired. right there with ya sister... except my husband is no help. but only because i don't make him!

Amanda Seria Cook said...

Sheri! I just read through all your recent posts. These are my thoughts:

1. I am DYING to go to the zoo and I want to be kissed by a giraffe.
2. We miss you and Matt. You both are da bomb digity. (It's been a while since I've used that one.)
3. Quade and Dex are ADORABLE. I still wish Quade was mine....
4. Love your spiritual thought. When I've practiced those principles, it has made all the difference.
5. Love you!!