Tuesday, February 19, 2013

So GROSS!

Ok so this is my last post about my nasty sickness! As far as recovery has gone it had been pretty brutal. Monday and tuesday were obviously bad but we stayed on top of my meds and it was tolerable. I consistently woke up an hour b4 pain meds time and was way ready for them! So at surgery they put a patch behind my ear to control nausea, only lasts 3 days, well Wednesday morning is when it stopped working and that is when i would say I hit rock bottom. I just kept throwing up and throwing up. It really started Tuesday night and kept on all wednesday. There is nothing like throwing up stomach acid with a raw throat! That was the problem, I could not eat anything so therefor I could not keep the meds down, they put me on zofran, which i have used b4 and usually worked but it did not do anything!
So finally I decided that I needed to stop on the pain meds, to hope to get something in my stomach, to try to keep the meds down. Well try eating something on a raw throat with no pain meds. Yikes. We were so close to heading to the hospital for dehydration but defiantly did not want that so... We slowly got some popsicles and stuff in and then i decided to take a half dose of pain meds. In the end after like 2 days of not pain meds or a little here and there the doc finally called in a less powerful medication, which was fine bc I could not take the other on really anyway. I am sure the doc was regretting giving us his cell :)
Now I am feeling much better and every day is getting better, thank goodness! 
We went to my post op yesterday...yikes! It turns that my tonsils were huge and infected and inflamed, bigger then the size of a golf ball. Seriously, and we almost didnt take them out! Plus they had hundreds of those while tonsil stones in them. So Dr. James said in that area he ended up cutting more then he thought and part of my tonsil was stick to the muscle so there was some damage there too. Which explains more about the pain. 
I still have a dissolvable stint up my nose but he may just take it out next monday. We originally didnt think that I polyps in my sinus, just alot of infection, but once he got in there, thee were tons plus all the infection, I can already tell a huge difference on how I breath and I am only at 50% recovery! 


Is it weird that it makes me feel so much better to know how bad was and how freakin sick I was? It makes getting through the pain SO much better. I am so glad that we went ahead and took out the tonsils and I am so glad we did the surgery! I was so worried bc i knew it was going to cost us money, even though we have good insurance, i felt bad. So it makes me feel way better to know it was that bad! Now i cant wait to heal and hopefully be normal! But my voice is weird, still bc of the swelling and throat muscle stuff, so it will be interesting to see if that is diff too.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For real, Sheri! That is awful! I can't believe all of that. Although, growing up with you, it shouldn't be that surprising. You and all your nose issues! :) And you would post a pick of your tonsils! That is crazy and gross. Hopefully, it all heals up well for you! I would have totally watched the boys, too! Just ship them down here next time! :)