Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why I Can Not Sleep...

Ok, So it is 3:43 in the morning and I am still awake. Want to know why? Well we just had to call the police on our next door neighbors! So about 2 hours ago Matt was in the restroom, and I was getting into bed, (which is in our living room, thats another story) when I heard all kinds of yelling from next door. Keep in mind, these are not the greatest apartments so I could hear everything plus it happened 5 feet from our front door! It took me a second to realize that that some guy is yelling about killing someone and some other really angry stuff. Then stuff was crashing, then I heard him hitting and slapping someone...
So I ran to the bathroom to get Matt. I was trying not to yell so the neighbors couldn't hear that I knew what was going on. Well Matt couldn't really hear me cause he had the water on and was preoccupied. So Matt finally hears that I am freaking out and comes out just in time to hear the end of the yelling and to look out side the window and see a little of what was going on and two guys and some trashy chick walking away, while I turned off all the lights and called the cops. Everything was quite for a little while then the police called me back to see if we could let them in the gate. So we sneak out our front door, cause we don't want the neighbor to know that we were the ones who called the police, and walk to the gate to let them in. So we told them our story at the gate of what happened and then crept back into our apartment, on our way in we saw all th stuff that was thrown everywhere. We kept all the lights out so we could watch everything through the window...
Well the cop came up just a minute after us and was in their apartment for a while, Matt kinda lost his interest and tried to get me to come back to bed, ya right i was perched at the window. But then I saw the fire department come and the paramedics, ya then Matt came back to watch... finally we see this white trash guy get taken out of the apartment by the cops and paramedic's, he had blood all over the front of his white shirt, bandages on his chin/neck and could hardly walk. We were totally freaked, what the heck happened over there? When Matt saw that, he looked at me and said, " Wow something really big did happen, I kinda thought you over reacted a little." Hey, he didn't hear all that I heard, I was totally scared. I am glad we saw everything after so he knew I was not just "over reacting." So that is why I am still awake!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Um . . . I think you should move . . .:)

Two Drty Lil' Hands said...

holy crap! that is so crazy!! wish i could have been there! you know I would have been right next to you the whole time : ) bc we are weird like that!

Janet and Josh said...

How scary! I would of been freaking out, also! (While of course being tild I was over-reacting!) Glad you guys are safe though!
A few weeks ago, I was at home alone and I heard banging non-stop on a neighbors door, after it quieted down a little, I peaked out only to find a police officer there. Long story short, the police officer went to the wrong apartment, he went up one story to high! Good thing the call for him wasn't an emergency! What a great police force Albany, NY has!