Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Damn you, birth control!

So apparently we are pregnant...

After 3 pregnancy tests, turn out we have a VERY unexpected surprise!

It has been a eventful week... Lets just say we have had some inconsistent months, which should not happen when you are on birth control... well we took a test, just to make sure last month, and it said no, which was a relief... ( but it lied) So this month, still nothing and I was thinking i should go to the doc just to make sure everything was ok. I knew she would ask when the last pregnancy test I took was, so I got one when I was grocery shopping. Well I took it and left it on the counter while I took a shower and Matt came in and said, "what is this supposed to say?" then followed by, " ah babe..." and showed me. Well one of the lines was lighter then the other, so we were thinking, maybe a mistake? So we took another, same thing. Then we decided that we needed one with the word on it and it said pregnant, there is no denying.  
Since we had some inconsistent months, we had an ultrasound on Wednesday to see how far we are and everything looks great. 

Now that some of the shock has worn off, we are getting more and more excited! Matt has always been stoked, I am still adjusting. I am really excited but in no way does my life consist of anything baby friendly! I guess that is why you are pregnant for 9 months, because your life has to completely change! I am so glad that Matt is so so so excited, it really helps!

 And I do not want to get fat!!!

I have been feeling pretty sick, even b4 we found out, but i just though "when was the last time i ate" and stuff so this makes sense... I have been pretty sick though. Let me tell you that working at a sushi restaurant really helps. I was puking in the bathroom during our rush on friday, fun fun. 

Over all we are really excited about our Happy Ooops. Well at least we know that Matts swimmers can get past a goalie. We know it is still so early but we cant keep our moths shut so we decided to post anyways. we go back to the doctor on the 27!


14 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

ok, oops or not, WE ARE SO STOKED for you guys!!!!!!!!! :) hang in there...sleep, sleep, and sleep some more -- it helps. and don't forget to eat and drink -- i passed out from dehydration a few times -- scared the crap out of Brad. Love ya!

Crystal said...

I can't wait to see you fat!! :-) Although, even 9 months pregant I doubt you'll be even close to fat. Congrats! Hope you feel better soon!

Emily said...

WHAT THE?!?!?!? You're kidding, right? Is this a late April Fools JOKE?!?!?!?

If not, then I'm calling you!!

Getting fat is one of the pregnancy perks! Everyone thinks you look radiant in all your rolly polly goodness!

Sheri, you will be a great mother! It grows on you! I PROMISE. I KNOW. Remember how I waited NINE DANG YEARS?

No one understands the "I don't do kids" thing like I do!

But now, I already want another one. I AM CRAZY. My oldest is almost three and I'm already thinking about number three!

When are you due?

the Varley Family said...

Congratulations! You two are going to be the cutest mom and dad, and that baby is going to be dang hot! We're so happy for you!!! Hope you're feeling better Sheri ;-)

Hanson Family said...

Congratulations!!! We are happy for you.

Evaly said...

Yes, that is a happy surprise! :) I take one Unisom (the one with doxylamine) and 50mg vitamin B6 every night. It keeps me from throwing up! Ask your doctor- mine says it's 100% safe. I've taken it with all my kids. Good luck! We are excited for you!

Sam and Terri said...

wow! congratulations- what a surprise! I knew I should've said something while we were at lunch and you said you were late! holy cow, happy baby! he/she will be the cutest thing. congratulations miss sherri and matt :)
-this is bianca. i'm at terri's house:)

Caitlin said...

Congratulations! What a fun surprise :) Hooray for 2009 baby club!!

karen said...

Congrats. You will be the cutest pregnant woman. I bet you will just have a little basket ball and then it will be all gone when you have the baby. Excited for you and Matt. Hope you get over the sickness soon. Not fun.

Sara said...

We are so excited for you! Hope you are feeling better soon. It was fun seeing you guys, we look forward to CA!

Andrew said...

congrats you two! Im so excited for you...i know its scary, but its the best thing ever! good luck sheri with the pregnancy..and good luck matt dealing with a crazy hormonal pregnant lady for 9 months! :) Whats your due date??

Garland's said...

Holly Cow! Congrats. Here is a little pregnancy advice...so you dont get sick in the first few months, eat little and often. And I'm sure you wont get fat, you will probably look cute like Kim and just have belly. Good luck! call me anytime if you need advice! Love ya!

The Rod's said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys, I'm going to mimic what Caitlin said, yea for 2009 babies!

Kate and Chad said...

Yeah!! It was so fun to read your comment on my blog. I'm so excited for you and Matt! What a fun surprise. Chad and I are staying very busy, and look for any free minute to see each other... 1 year of dental school down and atleast three more to go.