Wednesday, January 11, 2012

a quick moment.

I just have to post this, then I will get to the Christmas post.

I have been thinking alot lately.
A friend of mine just had her 4 week old babe pass away from SIDS. I can hardly believe it. I know all about it, as a new mother it is the thing that you are most terrified of, but I have never known anyone to actually suffer from it. We were pretty paranoid about it with both boys but I just cant believe it is real. I mean, seriously, I cant believe that it still exists. I cant even imagine what she is going through or her pain. Please, I cant even think of it.
So, I have been thinking about how the miracle of life, is truly a miracle. The whole process is unbelievable and I dont really feel like I have been through it twice. It feel so surreal.



Like: Wow was I really that huge?


And how did they know that this was the moment to start breathing?




And they are this perfect being....






And I cant believe how blessed we are to have Dexter and Quade, happy, healthy and here with us. That we have the opportunity to raise these sweet spirits. They each bless our lives in so many different ways. It is amazing to me.

6 comments:

Brittany and Bronson said...

I am terrified of it even now and Brin is 21 months. I can't imagine what she must be going through I am so sorry for her loss!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Sheri - I have never known anyone personally to lose a baby to sids, but I do know someone who lost her baby to Whooping Cough (Pertussis) 2 years ago. To this day, I immediately tear up at the mention of his name, or her (and her family's) pain in losing him at 8 weeks old. I know I would be devastaed if I lost one of my boys...not sure I'd even be able to go on. I'm so sorry about your friend! My heart aches when I hear stories like that... Yes, it is a miracle. Truly. Treasure your little ones and hug them tighter and hold them closer! xoxo we miss you guys!

Anjanette said...

Oh my gosh! That csection pic I craaaazy!

Makell Wintle said...

Sad, that poor girl. When parents lose a young child it breaks my heart.

Hanson Family said...

That is so sad! I always worried a lot about that.

Sara said...

I haven't known anyone either but my good friend went into premature labor and her son only lived 10 hours, it was so sad to hold that tiny little life in my hands knowing that he wouldn't be with us for long. It makes me so grateful for the 3 we have and to remember I am lucky to have them in my life. This friend hasn't been able to get pregnant since and they have no living children so it reminds me to hug my little ones and let them know they are loved.