Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A month of firsts!


Dexter is ONE! I can not believe it, he is sooo big! We love him to death and he is constantly keeping us busy and entertained!

Dex's 1st birthday, take one in Texas with the Vandiver's:


These balloons were a major hit!








Maddison and I were so excited for the presents and Dex was going in the other direction...









Dexter's First hair cut:

Bec did an amazing job on our squirmy little boy. The rats tail is officially gone! Thanks bec, you are a pro!
Oh and we spent lots of time at the park in Texas. Let me just say that Grandma is a trooper! I look up and saw this:

And then i saw her follow him right through that tunnel, lol way to go mom!

Dex and I were in Texas for the best week of fall weather! I have to remind myself that the summers suck, because I did not want to come back to CA where there arent really seasons!

Dex's First Birthday take 2 with the Hanson's:














Meg and Dex were Bff's this week. (They are like 2 months apart) Dex was always following her around and trying to touch her.


Matt and I made our First Turkey:

I must say, Matt is quite the chief! He did all the dirty work, he about gagged when he took out the neck. We got AMAZING recipes from my uncle Del, who is basically a food artist and my good friend Whitney. After those 2 recipes and a few tips from food network, it turned out perfect! Soooo tasty and moist. When we poked it juice actually quirted out every time!

4 comments:

Evaly said...

The turkey was so good! Good job guys :) (and I'm glad I didn't have to do it, haha)

Makell Wintle said...

Wow, ONE! He is growing up quick. Looks like he had an awesome first birthday! I made a turkey with my mom this year.... taking out the neck is discusssssssting. Ew.

Hanson Family said...

I can't believe he is already 1!! Happy birthday Dex. It sounds like you all had a great time together in Cali. We are jealous.

Emily said...

Happy birthday Dex!