Friday, March 25, 2011

A Friendly One Year Old.

Oh man! Dexter has no fear of strangers! It doesn't matter who you are or if you even like kids, Dex will find a way to get you to engage with him! He has realized that if he waves or blows kisses at complete strangers that they will give him attention. Lots of attention. It makes running errands interesting. We get stopped a lot for the unsuspecting stranger to respond to Dexter's air kiss. It usually goes like this "Oh thank you, how cute, look at those cheeks." Then they see Quade and say "Wow you have your hands full." Yeah, I know and literally, I have my hands full so lets get a move on. And then on to the next one.
So when we leave the house this is usually what we look like. Dex is a great walker/runner and that is why i still have to hold him quite a bit. He gets very distracted with flowers, dirt and basically anything that we pass. It makes walking to the car a 10+ min activity. So we go 2 at a time.
Does this picture say desperation or what? I must look pretty pathetic because i have had 3 neighbors (who i don't know, including an 80 year old woman who didn't speak english) help me down the stairs and to my car. It makes for some interesting conversation. I love Quade's face in this picture.

3 comments:

Evaly said...

You are going to love having that picture some day. Those are the best ones- real life! :)

the Varley Family said...

Love LOVE this picture! I have definitely been there. Actually I'm still there, haha. The craziness of having two so close together definitely makes for some memorable experiences! I wish we lived closer to we could laugh (and cry) through them together! XOXO - P.S. Sheri, you are so gorgeous!

Amanda Seria Cook said...

Too cute! Sheri you are a super mom!